- What is SMITH?
- Who can apply to SMITH?
- How do I apply to SMITH?
- Is there a SMITH application fee?
- What is required for the audition?
- When are the auditions held?
- What is the interview process?
- How long is the interview?
- How do I know if I am accepted?
- Is an SSAT required for admission?
- How do I apply for a SMITH Entrance Scholarship?
Metro Prep Academy's SMITH Program (School of Music, Integrated Arts, Theatre and Humanities) is a new, specialized arts initiative that offers students the opportunity to deeply explore their creative talents while studying at one of Toronto’s most unique and respected independent schools.
SMITH students have access to all that Metro Prep has to offer academically, while being immersed in a broad spectrum of arts classes (Music, Media Arts, Visual Arts, Theatre and Film) taught by experienced professionals in their respective fields.
- Students must perform 2 rehearsed pieces of music of their choice. Vocalists should attempt to show the full range of their voice. Instrumental pieces should also showcase their ability in a given area.
INTEGRATED ARTS – Visual Art, Media Arts, Dance, Film and Video, Photography
- Students must submit a portfolio that showcases at least 2 of the above mentioned areas. The portfolio should include a minimum of 10 examples of their work.
- Dancers must perform an audition and submit a portfolio of at least 1 of the other Arts.
- Student actors must perform 2 contrasting monologues, 1-2 minutes in length from a script of their choice.
- Technical Theatre students interested in Set Design, Lighting Design, Sound Design and Costume/Prop Design must submit a portfolio of previous work (video, photographs, drawings are acceptable)
- Students must submit a portfolio of 10 pieces of creative writing. Examples of Short Stories, Poetry, Song Lyrics, Plays, Screenplays, Journalism and Essays will be accepted.